Rapaport shared images of some of the messages he received from Durant which also included homophobic and misogynistic language.
Durant was subsequently charged $50,000 for using “offensive and derogatory language on social media”.
“I’m sorry that people have seen the language I used,” 32-year old Durant said on Thursday, April 1.
“That’s not what I want people to see or hear from me, but hopefully I can move past it and get back out there.”
In the private conversation which seems to date back to last year, Durant directs a number of profanities towards Rapaport, an actor and Sports producer.
Durant sensationally went on to challenge the 51-year old to a fistfight on the streets on New York City before asking for his home address.
The series of insults also invoked Rapaport’s wife.
The two-time NBA Champions subtly confirmed he was the one behind the insulting tweets on Tuesday when he was seen in Rapaport’s Instagram comments saying, “my bad, I apologise.”.
Brooklyn Nets coach Steve Nash spoke on the incident where he said the issue was addressed with him in a private conversation.