Without a doubt Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are two of the best paid players of all time.
But where do our African legends rank? Who is the highest earning football player in Africa, both past and present?
Unsurprisingly, Samuel Eto’o is top of the pile among the top 10 despite recently hanging up his boots. He also holds a very unique record in world football as he is the only player to win back to back trebles.
Eto’o played for Barcelona, Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Chelsea and other top European clubs and made a living as one of the best strikers during his time.
Here is the full list of African footballers, both past and present, and their current worth:
- Samuel Etoo (Cameroon) – $140 Million
- Didier Drogba (Ivory Coast) – $100 Million
- Yaya Toure (Ivory Coast) – $80 Million
- Mohamed Salah (Egypt) – $70 Million
- John Obi Mikel (Nigeria) – $45 Million
- Emmanuel Adebayor (Togo) – $45 Million
- Kolo Toure (Ivory Coast) – $40 Million
- Michael Essien (Ghana) – $32 Million
- Sadio Mane (Senegal) – $30 Million
- Pierre Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon) – $30 Million